Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Writer's block


I think it hits everyone. I'm working on my work in progress and hit a brick wall. I think the problem is I made the obstacles so high there is no way to make it over them. This is a passionate story, but making it work in only 50,000 words is not going to happen.
While off fighting a war, my heroin, yes my heroin has her land sold to a land baron without her knowledge. She wants it back. Even it she thinks he seduced her mother into signing the papers and even if she is falling for his mesmerizing looks.
I will take a day off, drop back and replot and start over. I think this is the best approach for me.
My blogs need updating anyway. I hope you can leave a comment on how you handle writers block and also visit my other blogs. http://www.sirjohn.org/bloglist

Johnny (Sir John) Ray

3 comments:

nothingprofound said...

I interpret writer's block as a sign that I'm bored with writing. So I go off and do something else. Eventually, an image or idea pops up in my head and go back to writing.

Joannalyne said...

it also happened to me after a long blog entry.

Mohamed Mughal said...

Go for a long, quiet, meditative hike. Half way through, the plot twists unravel.